Monday, January 19, 2015

Seminole Canyon State Historical Park

If we have been driving for some time, we always pull off to stretch our legs, especially when we see we are approaching a park or other place to walk around awhile.


This is the view from outside the extremely detailed visitor's center of Seminole Canyon State Historical Park.


You could spend a lot of time here exploring and camping, but we only hiked for about 4 miles on two loop trails.


From the trail head this was the view.  You would hardly know there were extensive canyons anywhere.














Surprisingly, there were iron benches scattered along the numerous trails.


I loved this stylized depiction of a previous inhabitant of the area.


1 comment:

  1. That is a great place. I hiked around those trails too until a cold front blew in and drove me back to the motor home. I rode down to the visitor center on my bike to pay for another night. Bad move. On the way back it was up hill and into the fierce cold wind. Did you notice all the white snail shells on the ground? I asked the ranger about them and they had no idea what I was talking about.

    ReplyDelete