Thursday, January 8, 2015

Tourists On the Water

Okay, I admit it.  I decided we would become part of an organized activity designed specifically for tourists. The locals would never do this unless relatives came to visit.  Fortunately, our relatives have more sense, wave, and say, "Have a nice time!"

It all started because I wanted to go see the Statue of Liberty up close.  I mentioned it in a message to one of my Words With Friends opponents.  She said I needed to get tickets early.  Well, of course, I was too late for that. Instead we decided to just take a boat ride around lower Manhattan on the water.

Nothing is ever simple.  Long story short, we had to pick up the vouchers for the tickets near Times Square.  Notice that word vouchers.  That is not where you begin your boat ride.

We did finally arrive near the end of Wall Street to catch the boat.  It was a beautiful day on the water.  There were beautiful views of the Manhattan skyline.




The boat stopped near the Financial District, then motored by Ellis Island and stopped in the water near the Statue of Liberty.  There were a lot of people around her.







The third stop was in Brooklyn near the base of the Brooklyn Bridge.  We passed Governor's Island before docking.


Getting hungry, we left the boat and found a great place to eat before tackling the Brooklyn Bridge.


No comments:

Post a Comment